Residential – Commercial – Industrial Professional Epoxy Flooring
What is a Flake Epoxy Flooring System?
The epoxy flake floor coating is a seamless five-coat system using flakes made of polyester resin and available in wide range of colours and sizes. They are scattered (often known as broadcasting) on top of an epoxy base coat creating a smooth, durable and multi-colour finish.
Perfect for high-traffic areas, workshops with grease, dirt and dust, commercials premises, showrooms, residential.
What are the benefits of flake epoxy flooring?
Besides being visually appealing the epoxy flooring is durable for high-traffic, concreted areas such as warehouses, garages and driveways.
Flake flooring is a excellent option to upgrade old tired concrete surfaces, cover stains and repaired cracked concrete. It offers a stain, scratch, non-slip, chemical resistant surface, easy to clean and a long term flooring solution.
Get in touch to request a quote now!
Fill out the form to discuss your project & Let's get it started!
Flake Epoxy Flooring – Seamless Finish
The seamless finish of an epoxy flooring increases the durability and sustainability of your workplace or home.
Epoxy floors are topped with a specially engineered coating that consists of a hardener and resin. When applied to concrete, the mixture forms a tough, chemical resistant surface that’s strong enough to withstand everyday demands.
- Reduced allergens and mould
- Visually appealing
- Extremely versatile and suitable for commercial, residential indoors and outdoors
- Long lifespan
- Maintainance free
- Slip resistant
At Coast To Country Specialised Coatings, we are trained professionals who stay up to date with the latest technology and trends in epoxy flooring.
Our technical know-how and procedures ensure successful surface preparation:
- Moisture Testing
- Crack Repair and Levelling Compounds
- Effective removal of previous coatings by diamond grind
- Purging oil, moisture or any contaminants found in the substrate
- Concrete grinding and/or sufficient sanding of surface to ensure adequate adhesion of subsequent coatings
To deliver a high-quality finish using quality products, choose Coast To Country Specialised Coating for your epoxy coating flooring.
Common FAQ’s on Flake Epoxy Flooring
The flake epoxy floor coating is a seamless five-coat system using flakes made of polyester resin and is available in a wide range of colours and sizes.
Flakes are scattered (often known as broadcasting) on top of an epoxy base coat, creating a smooth, durable and multi-colour finish.
Epoxy floor coatings are an excellent choice for high-traffic areas, workshops with grease, dirt and dust, commercial premises, industrial spaces, showrooms and homes.
Available in a variety of colours.
We also do Metallic Epoxy Flooring
1. Can Epoxy Flake be used outside?
Yes, Epoxy flooring can be outside. Areas we can provide epoxy flooring are:
2. Can Flake Epoxy go over pebblecrete?
Epoxy Flooring can go over pebble crete, it would need to have self-levelling cement over it first, or we do have a Polyacrylic that can go over pebble crete.
Polyacrylic is a UV-stable product available in a variety of colours.
3. Can you fix cracked concrete?
Yes cracks can be repaired through a few options as each situation is different contact us to discuss.
4. What is the difference between Epoxy and Polyaspartic?
Epoxy on it’s own is not UV stable and Polyaspartic is UV stable. Polyaspartic is 6 x times stronger than epoxy.
5. How long does it take to do an Epoxy floor in a garage?
6. Does Flake Epoxy cover concrete cracks?
Hairline cracks Yes. Structural crack can be repaired using the correct techniques.
7. Is it slippery?
We can add course quartz or fine alumina oxide.
8. Is it possible to do over indoor tiles?
9. Can it go over a painted surface?
No, the old coating needs to be ground off to ensure correct adhesion.
10. Does Flake Epoxy handle hot sparks and impacts from steel
Yes, we can use a polyaspartic as a top coat its 6x harder than epoxy and will withstand a harsher environment.
11. How much does Flake Epoxy cost per square metre?
Epoxy flooring cost as a general rule prices start from $75 per sq. metre over a prepared concrete surface.
Cost of epoxy flooring will depend on:
1. What condition the existing concrete is in
2. Type of finish and look your are after
3. Size of the space
For a more accurate quote we will need photos and size of the site. Online quoting is available here